ADRAMELECH could not be missing from this ceremony dedicated to cult Nordic Death Metal. The ninth piece of "Nordic Embryogenesis" brings back "Heroes in Godly Blaze", a track from their 1995 demo, later included on the essential "Psychostasia". For AVULSED, this is no ordinary cover: it is a tribute born from almost 35 years of friendship and admiration.
You can listen to the song here:
Youtube: https://youtu.be/MEtdDvrejdw
Digitals: https://music.imusician.pro/a/6I84FB64
Dave Rotten himself comments the following about this song:
"Everyone knows about my particular fondness for early '90s Finnish Death Metal, and ADRAMELECH is without a doubt in my personal top 5. They came from the same town (Loimaa) as DEMIGOD, and the two bands shared not only one of their members, but also the artist responsible for their covers, rehearsal space, and a great friendship between them. I always had a great friendship with DEMIGOD, but it was especially with ADRAMELECH that I developed stronger ties. Ever since their second demo, "Grip of Darkness" from 1992, we've been inseparable for almost 35 years now!
That same year they released a 7"EP, but it wasn't until their next demo, "The Fall" from 1995, that they took a major qualitative leap forward. I liked it so much that I reissued that demo-cassette on 3" Mini CD that same year, and also released their legendary debut "Psychostasia" in 1996. The song we've covered appears on both recordings. They later released a great Mini CD entitled "Seven" in 1998, one year after the famous Repulsive Tour '97 across Europe, which featured INCANTATION, AVULSED, DEEDS OF FLESH and ADRAMELECH. They then recorded a second album in 1999 which didn't live up to expectations at the time (I see it differently now, haha!!), and eventually decided to re-record and release it themselves. In 2005, however, I released their final album, which had actually been recorded in 2002 but had remained hidden away.
ADRAMELECH's style has quite a few similarities to DEMIGOD's first album, with that particular way of combining dark melodies with elaborate and varied Death Metal, although ADRAMELECH were perhaps somewhat faster. "Psychostasia" is an album I will never get tired of listening to, and doing a cover of one of their songs is undoubtedly the most heartfelt tribute of all those featured on this album".
A new piece of this dark puzzle will be revealed every friday until September 4th.

Brak komentarzy:
Prześlij komentarz
Uwaga: tylko uczestnik tego bloga może przesyłać komentarze.