poniedziałek, 28 września 2026

EYES OF AGONY szykują debiut dla AWAKENING RECORDS

 

Today, Awakening Records announces the signing of Eyes of Agony. The first fruit of this union will be the band’s debut album, When They Return, which will see international release later this year.

An Italian studio-based death metal quintet, Eyes of Agony combine a traditional OSDM sonority with a modern aesthetic on their full-length debut, When They Return. The project features mastermind / guitarist Danny Cinicolo (Excidium, Maleficarum), vocalist Andrea Zanetti (Iconoclast, Maleficarum), drummer Davide Billia (Beheaded, Hour Of Penance), guitarist Massimo Boffa (Mind Control, Halley), and bassist Fabrizio “Jesus” Biondi (Mechanical God Creation, Art Of Silence).

Inspired by top-notch extreme metal bands such as Immolation, Nile, At the Gates, Cannibal Corpse, and Death, the album’s nine blistering tracks are decorated with melodic guitar harmonies, dramatic guitar solos, razor-sharp riffs, and a dominant rhythm section, which are all beautifully combined with horrific guttural growls. Mixed and mastered by Luca Nicolucci at Comet Broadcasting Studio, When They Return possesses a clear-yet-gritty tone with a diverse death metal aesthetic.

Guitarist Danny Cinicolo spoke about the album’s writing process: "The first writing of the songs were made many years ago after a long period of silence with my personal writing in Excidium and Maleficarum. After a long time of compositions, I finished all the tracks and searched for the right musicians for this band. Of course, I started from my old vocalist in Maleficarum, Andrea Zanetti, and together we decided to complete the lineup and record the debut album."

On signing with Awakening Records, "I am so happy that I contacted Awakening Records when I was promoting our EPK with the album streaming," Cinicolo enthuses. "[Label owner] Li Meng is a really great person, and I was very fortunate to get in touch with him. He told me that he really listened to the album a lot of times and that he was very impressed with the quality. So, he offered us a deal to be a part of Awakening Records, and we accepted because his label is killer!"

Release date, cover, tracklisting, and first track to be revealed shortly.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz

Uwaga: tylko uczestnik tego bloga może przesyłać komentarze.